1965 Mustang Convertible
This 1965 Mustang Convertible Resto mod is finished in a tri color Le Mans blue with a white leather pony interior. It has a modern air suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, automatic transmission, 9 inch rear end with 3.70:1 gear set. It has a positive traction differential that delivers power to 17 x11 American Racing torque thrust wheels on 275/40/17 BF Goodrich radial TAs that reside in custom larger rear wheel housings.
Open the hood to reveal the original A code 289 4v. This Engine has been professionally rebuilt. The cylinder heads have been reworked and revalved, the engine has been upgraded with a matching street performance camshaft producing 300hp. Restoration work was completed in September of 2014
Just turn the key, pump the gas once - the car fires up and is ready to roll. This Mustang is a great cruiser and a cinch to drive with the modern suspension, power steering, power brakes and Vintage air conditioning. For the Mustang enthusiast looking for a car to drive to the shows, this car brings smiles and respect from all car fans.
Complete Resto Mod Breakdown
- Body: 1965 Mustang Convertible
- Color: 2014 BMW Le Mans Blue (basecoat/clearcoat PPG) See our complete painting process here at >>>>southern polyurethanes
- Frame and Metal: Custom full frame by Chassis Engineering, larger rear wheel housings by Detroit Speed that added 2.5 inches more in each rear wheel well. Complimented with a custom 4 point roll bar
- Interior: Custom Pony genuine white leather, dark blue carpeting and a factory Mustang center console
- Air Conditioning: Vintage Air Gen-IV Surefit System.
- Engine:The Original A code 289 4V, with oversize valves in custom ported and polished factory cylinder heads, a ford street racing camshaft and double timing chain and gearset, with 10.5:1 Pistons, this engine has been blueprinted and perfectly balanced within a .5 gram, Ford Motorsports dyno results put this engine at 330hp @5500 rpm.
- Fuel: Holley 750 double pumper, carter mechanical pump
- Exhaust: Dual exhaust with flowmasters and 4 inch custom tailpipes.
- Transmission: C4 automatic completely renewed, Red Devil clutches and steels, performance valve body , and the shift timing has been tuned perfectly.
- Brakes: Wilwood power 4 wheel disc
- Differential: Offset 9 inch, 3.70:1 gearset, positive traction, strange axles
- Suspension: Height adjustable Air Suspension by Air ride technologies, we did away with the Leaf spring suspension and Installed a 4 link rear suspension, with Air Ride Tech's level 3 shock waves air suspension kit combined with a full global west negative roll front suspension system.
- Steering:Flaming river Stainless steel tilt steering column, 19:1 quick ratio power steering gear,
complete moog steering system linkage.
- Wheels and Tires: American Racing torque thrust on BF Goodrich Radial TAs
- Rear:275/40/17 on 17x11 wheels
- Front: 225/45/17 on 17x8 wheels
- Convertible top: New Haartz Pinpoint Stafast vinyl top with all new hydraulics and electric pump.
- Audio: Classic retro sound by Luna
- Extensive Chrome Renewal: All chrome parts new or rechromed
- Custom Finished Trunk: Fine velour blue
- Soundproofing: FatMat Sound Control.