Thank you for choosing Gorilla Custom Motors Auto Restorations for the restoration of your collectible automobile. It is our desire that the process of restoring your car will be an enjoyable and satisfying one.
In order to provide guidance for the process of restoring automobiles for our customers, the following policies have been developed to minimize ambiguities and misunderstandings during the restoration.
1. Because of the comprehensive nature of the restoration process, real estimates or “bids” of the total cost of a restoration project cannot be given at any time. Often a similar restoration from my past can be used for comparison to get a ballpark figure, It is most important that this be understood and accepted. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them.
2. A $10,000.00 deposit is required at the time of commencement of the restoration. This deposit will be applied to work performed and parts and materials consumed until it is depleted. Additional deposits will be required when the prior deposit is worked down to $500 or less. This system of placing deposits will be used throughout the course of the restoration, until the completion of work.
3. Invoices reflecting work performed and the amount of your deposit used will be sent monthly, on or about the 1st of the month. A photo record of work performed for the month will also be provided. These digital photos can either be e mailed or burned to a CD for you to keep.
4. Restoration charges apply to “time and materials”. Quality, comprehensive restorations of collectible automobiles take time, and will be expensive. Time spent on the project is documented by a time clock. A list of parts and materials used within the billing cycle is included on the invoice.
5. Invoices will include an item titled generically “Shop Supplies”, which will include such items as cleaning solvents, rags, sealant, HazMat costs, etc. These items are impossible to quantify, but are clearly related to the cost of restoration. This cost will be 1.5% of the labor cost of the current invoice, with the minimum charge of $5.00, and not to exceed $50.00
6. Insurance on the vehicle while in possession of Gorilla Custom Auto Restorations is the responsibility of the owner.
7. The customer may not at any time remove the vehicle until payment of all outstanding invoices have been made.
8. In the event of a customer initiated “hold” on work, a $250.00 per month storage fee will be assessed until a new deposit is received.
additional custom guidelines
Customer Signature: _______________________________